Need a fun accent for your upcoming summer parties? Or maybe something a little extra on that card or page you are working on? Pinwheels are the perfect way to add whimsy and that summertime feel to any project you are working on! I taught my niece how to make these the other day and now they are decorating her entire room!!
12 x 12 patterned paper (makes 4 pinwheels)
clear plastic tubes
Buttons or brads
1. Cut your favorite sheet of 12 x 12 cardstock into 4 - 6 x 6 pieces.
2. Cut halfway from each corner to the center of each 6 x 6 square.
3. Place a dab of hot glue in the center and bring in the same outside edge corner to the center. Add more hot glue as needed. Press down until the glue hardens, using the tip of a pencil so you don't burn yourself.
(*optional* You could also punch holes on the same outside edge corners that you bring into the center and attach them with a brad instead of glue. This would allow the pinwheel to actually spin in the wind)
4. Add another small dab of hot glue to the center and firmly press a coordinating button in the center.
5. Hot glue the pinwheel to our 1/2 x 12 clear tubes filled with coordinating colors of candy.
6. Celebrate summer!!!
If you would like to make smaller pinwheels to attach to our striped paper drinking straws, the size of your squares can be 4x4 for a proportional pinwheel. Follow the rest of the directions as listed above.